Milesight-Troubleshooting-Differences between VMS Lite and VMS ProMilesight-Troubleshooting-Differences between VMS Lite and VMS Pro.pdf
The table below compares the main differences between VMS Lite and VMS Pro.
Client and Server with one installation in VMS Lite; while Client/Server architecture in VMS Pro.
2. Live View
1) Unregistered: there is a watermark of “Milesight” on the live view screen of VMS Lite, but VMS Pro has watermarks on the live view screen and does not support to watch more than 4-ch cameras either;
2) VMS Pro adopts multilevel hierarchy system for a better surveillance experience by means of C/S structure. There is 36 (x86 system) or 256 (x64 system) for a server and unlimited VMS Pro server for a VMS Pro client; while VMS Lite only supports up to 64 cameras;
3) VMS Pro supports saving any camera’s video you like into View List, so you can quickly watch the cameras you have saved next time.
1) VMS Lite only supports one-camera playback at a time, while VMS Pro can support 4 cameras synchronized playback and up to 16 cameras asynchronous playback; when you choose synchronized playback mode, the cameras share one toolbar; and when you choose asynchronous playback mode, you can only operate the cameras separately;
2) VMS Pro supports exporting files from servers and importing files, which were exported from servers to PC before.
VMS Pro adopts multilevel hierarchy system for Map function. You can add E-maps for every server and add Hots on E-map, then double click Hots to review each camera.
1) VMS Pro supports to set some video settings, such as the OSD and resolution of cameras;
2) SMTP and DDNS are available in VMS Pro while unavailable in VMS Lite;
3) VMS Lite only supports the motion detection based on VMS Lite settings, while for VMS Pro, motion alarm can be triggered by both IPC settings and VMS Pro software settings. Moreover, VMS Pro can receive other alarm signal from IP camera.